writing about all things gastronomical
This Week's Writing
- With a little planning, local growers keep kale, chard, and collard greens on the table year-round with hoop houses and greenhouses.
- Top Chef Winner Kevin Sbraga's second restaurant, called The Fat Ham, opens this week in Philadelphia. Here's the Southern-inspired menu for your salivating pleasure...
- Do you know somebody who loves to can? As a result, are you the lucky recipient of homemade jam, canned tomatoes, chutney, or pickles? Return the favor by picking up one of these lovely gifts for the happy homesteader on your list.
- Whether you mix up some spiced rum to slash in eggnog, or make up an Old Fashioned with cherry bounce, these boozy infusions make great gifts or lovely additions to your holiday season home bar.
- Oh yeah, and that little thing I wrote about how to organize your home kitchen like a restaurant kitchen that's up on The Huffington Post
- My suggestions for what to pick up at your local farmer's market this weekend.